Application requirements directly from The Department of Business & Professional Regulation website listed below. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/CheckListDetail.asp?SID=&xactCode=1030&clientCode=0702&XACT_DEFN_ID=13112
Mold Remediator – Initial License by Examination (MRS 0701)
This application is used by individuals who have taken and passed a department approved exam for mold remediation.
- EXAMINATION: Individuals seeking licensure as a Mold Remediator must first take and pass a department approved exam for mold remediation. See the list of Department Approved Mold-Related Services Examinations.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A copy of a transcript is required demonstrating an Associate of Arts degree or higher in microbiology, engineering, architecture, industrial hygiene or occupational safety or related field of science from an accredited institution. The applicant must also demonstrate a minimum of 1 year of documented field experience in a field related to mold remediation;
a high school diploma and 4 years of documented field experience in a field related to mold remediation. This is not a complete listing of educational and experience requirements. Please see the application instructions page for complete information.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. To learn more about fingerprinting, please visit our fingerprint FAQs.
- INSURANCE: Applicants for a Mold Remediator license are required to attest that they have obtained general liability insurance in the amount of no less than $1 million dollars as determined by statute.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the application. If applying online, you can pay with a credit card or electronic check. If mailing your application, please include a check payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida National Guard members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement, and/or fee discount. Please visit our DBPR Military Services page for more information.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the “Online Services” link or the “Printable Application” link at the bottom of the page.
- MORE INFORMATION: Learn more about this profession’s application requirements (use the back button or arrow to return to this page).
If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use our convenient contact form